The New York State Sheriffs’ Association is conducting our second Photo Contest. The theme of the contest remains Community First, a theme inspired by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Community First campaign.
Inspiration: This tradition began in 2017 with a submission by features a photo taken by Jefferson County’s Kim Schuldt, who won the National Sheriffs’ Association contest the year prior. We decided to hold our own photo contest every year, and will feature the winner on the following years Honorary Membership Appreciation Medallion.
Last year’s winner featured a photo submitted by Orange County’s Trina Piccolo. The Photo depicts Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy Vinnie Iannuzzi and K-9 Kato interacting with a child at the NY Airshow, held at Stewart Air Guard Base.
Process: We will select 3 winners from the submissions: first, second, and third place. The winners will be announced in mid-November 2018. Winning photos will appear on the Association’s website and in our social media accounts. The winning (first place) image will appear on our 2019 “Community First” Honorary Membership Appreciation Medallion.
Submissions Due: November 2nd, 2018
First Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card, 5 Commemorative Medallions, Display Case, and Image reproduced on our 2019 medallion
Second Place: $50 Amazon Gift Card
Third Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Entry form can be found at Click Here
- Images must be digital and submitted utilizing the on-line form.
- You must be an employee of a New York State Sheriff’s Office to enter.
- Subject should reflect the theme “Community First”.
- Photos must depict Sheriff’s personnel at work in their communities.
- Photos can be color or black & white.
- Images must be in a high resolution (at least 300 dots-per- inch)
- Photos can be horizontal or vertical. Please upload in the proper orientation.
- Each photo must include a working title, location and a detailed caption.
- You can enter up to 3 photos per entry.
Questions? Contact: Natasha Achaibar at email@example.com