The NYS Sheriffs’ Association is conducting our second annual Photo Contest. The theme of the contest is Community First, a theme inspired by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Community First campaign.
This tradition began in 2017 with a submission by features a photo taken by Jefferson County’s Kim Schuldt, who won the National Sheriffs’ Association contest the year prior. We decided to hold our own photo contest every year, and will feature the winner on the following years Honorary Membership Appreciation Medallion. The 2018 winner features a photo submitted by Orange County’s Trina Piccolo. The Photo depicts Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy Vinnie Iannuzzi and K-9 Kato interacting with a child at the NY Airshow, held at Stewart Air Guard Base
Process: NYSSA will select 3 winners from the submissions: first, second, and third place. Winners will be announced in mid-November 2018. Winning pictures will appear on the NYS Sheriffs’ Association website and in our social media accounts.
Submissions Due: November 2, 2018
Prizes: The winning (first place) image will appear on our 2019 “Community First” Honorary Membership Appreciation Medallion.
- First Place: Commemorative Medallion encased in acrylic & $100 Amazon Gift Card
- Second Place: $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Third Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
- Digital images must be submitted online. Click here for entry form.
- You must be an employee of a Sheriff’s Office in NYS to enter.
- Photos can be color or black & white & must be digital
- Photos must depict NYS Sheriff’s personnel at work in their communities.
- Subject should reflect the theme “Community First”
- Images must be in a high resolution (at least 300 dots-per- inch)
- Each photo must include a working title, location and a detailed caption.
- Photos can be horizontal or vertical. Please upload in the proper orientation.
- You can enter up to 5 photos per entry.
Questions? Contact: Natasha Achaibar at firstname.lastname@example.org.